Saturday, June 8, 2013

Ready, Set, Show Me Linky Party - Week 1

I am linking up to JD's Rockin' Readers' Linky Party!  
This is my first time doing one of these so I'm excited.


I have already decided how I am doing centers this year.  I'm praying it works and I won't have to change anything this year. 
First thing is my reading block is only 90 minutes so it's hard to fit in everything that I want. 
I am using the Daily Five this year. I have used it in the past but not correctly.  This year I intend to use it correctly except with only 2 rounds of Daily Five since I won't have time for any more than that. Each round will last 25 minutes. Once the WHOLE class can independently complete each activity then I will allow them to pick their own activities for each round. 
I made this a few weeks ago for my bulletin boards. Click the picture to see it at my TPT store. 


I also REALLY love Sarah's literacy center menu's. So I wanted to incorporate these somehow.  I couldn't find a way to fit it into my reading block without making it too packed so I decided that I would make this my daily morning work.  When student's are finished unpacking and ready for the day they can pick out a center to complete. Each literacy center menu comes with 16 different centers.  So I will require (probably) 10 centers to be completed each month.  That way if they are tardy they don't have to worry about completing their morning work later. 


You can find her TPT store here!

I also like the fact that I'm not going to have to print out a bunch of worksheets for morning work anymore. And then try and find something to keep my fast workers occupied.

Don't forget to link up to the Ready, Set, Show Me linky party




3 comments:

  1. Hey there Melissa! Found you through JD Rockin' Readers linky.
    I'm a former FL girl (born and raised Palm Beach County), so I thought I would join your site. Kinda of exciting to be your first follower!
    Good luck with your blog and crafting!
    Tarita
    Papers, Pencils and Books, Oh My!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog post! I love it and thanks for linking up:)
    Jennie
    JD's Rockin' Readers

    ReplyDelete